RECOVERY IN THE WILD
John Muir Trail
Our Heroes’ Dreams is teaming up with the R.I.D.E. Foundation to take Veterans on the John Muir Trail in August 2018
- To Raise Awareness of suicide rates among our Veterans, Peace Officer and First Responder communities.
- To Raise Awareness of at risk equine (horses) and the benefits of using horses in education and therapy programs.
A group of disabled veterans, suffering from PTSD, Depression, Anxiety, and physical disabilities will team up with a group pf rehabilitated horses and begin the journey from the edge of Yosemite Valley to the highest peak in the Continental United States.
- Hiking a Distance of over 200 miles
- Daily outdoor classrooms and training on PTSD Coping Skills and Anxiety Management
- Therapy Session with the horses, helping not only the veterans, but the horses in rehabilitation as well.
- Developing the pilot program “Recovery in the Wild” to continue helping Veterans, Peace Officers, and First Responders after the John Muir Trail mission has been completed.
How You Can Help:
- Sponsor a Veteran by pledging a dollar amount per mile completed
- Direct Donations to either organization to help with food and feed costs.
- Donating hiking gear, dehydrated foods, packs, water purifiers, etc.
- Spread Awareness about Our Heroes Dreams and the R.I.D.E. Foundation
- Donate Gas Cards, Grocery Cards, or other items that will help both Organizations continue their mission.
The adventure begins August 1st, 2018
Our Heroes Dreams and the R.I.D.E. Foundation
Thanks the following sponsors that are making this possible: