RECOVERY IN THE WILD
John Muir Trail
Our Heroes’ Dreams is teaming up with the R.I.D.E. Foundation to take Veterans on the John Muir Trail in August 2018
- To Raise Awareness of suicide rates among our Veterans, Peace Officer and First Responder communities.
- To Raise Awareness of at risk equine (horses) and the benefits of using horses in education and therapy programs.
A group of disabled veterans, suffering from PTSD, Depression, Anxiety, and physical disabilities will team up with a group pf rehabilitated horses and begin the journey from the edge of Yosemite Valley to the highest peak in the Continental United States.
- Hiking a Distance of over 200 miles
- Daily outdoor classrooms and training on PTSD Coping Skills and Anxiety Management
- Therapy Session with the horses, helping not only the veterans, but the horses in rehabilitation as well.
- Developing the pilot program “Recovery in the Wild” to continue helping Veterans, Peace Officers, and First Responders after the John Muir Trail mission has been completed.
How You Can Help:
- Sponsor a Veteran by pledging a dollar amount per mile completed
- Direct Donations to either organization to help with food and feed costs.
- Donating hiking gear, dehydrated foods, packs, water purifiers, etc.
- Spread Awareness about Our Heroes Dreams and the R.I.D.E. Foundation
- Donate Gas Cards, Grocery Cards, or other items that will help both Organizations continue their mission.